Add Custom Fields
Following the change seen recently in our web app, our new custom fields functionality in the iPad POS Register allows you to create new fields for device type, color, notes or any other parameters to customize your workflow according to your business needs. Whatever repair business you are running, be it computer repair, watch repair, jewelry repair, musical instruments repair, bicycle or electronics repair, RepairDesk will be the best fit for you.
This improvement will also allow your employees to manage their operations with the ease of customization and get more clarity on their job roles.
The following three types of custom fields can be created using RepairDesk:
- Text Field
To learn more about the improvement, read out knowledge-base article on How Custom Fields Work on iPad POS Register App?
Upload Pre/Post Images from POS
We have made it quite simple and easy for you to upload pre- and post-repair device images using the iPad camera or by choosing photos from your gallery while creating a repair ticket from your iPad. For a seamless workflow, you can capture and upload images on the go while creating a repair ticket.
Hit the link for more details: How to Upload Pre- & -Post Repair Images from iPad?
View Invoice Triggers
We have implemented the following triggers for invoices on the iPad app in accordance to our web app:
Module Configuration 🡪 Invoices
- Can’t edit invoice when generated
- Admin/employee must add customer information before creating an invoice
Module Configuration 🡪 Tickets
- Can’t edit ticket once an invoice is generated
- Close ticket once invoice is generated
Manage Security Checks 🡪 Admin Access Pin Required
- Give Refund
Roles and Permissions 🡪 Invoices
- Apply discount
- Change price and tax
- Add payment
- Repayment of invoice
- Show customer details
**As the customer details can’t be edited from an iPad, only the access trigger is applied
- Email invoice
**If the user does not have permission for this action, the email option will be disabled
- Create a new invoice
For more details, refer to our comprehensive guide here: Which POS Triggers are Replicated from Web to iPad?
Trigger for Employee Tipping
On some of our customers’ request, we have added a trigger to turn OFF/ON employee tipping while making payments through the Square app. By default, the trigger will be ON.
Display “Assigned To” Field
This improvement allows you to check the ticket assignee. At the top of the ticket details view, we have added a label to display employee name to whom the ticket is assigned.
- Whenever a ticket was converted to invoice from the iPad POS Register app, tax shown against the tax class in tax report was not correct. The issue has been fixed now and you’ll have error-free tax values.
- Duplicate tickets were being created from the iPad POS Register app. We have fixed the problem and now the tickets will not duplicate in case your internet connection is lost.
- When a trade-in item was refunded from the iPad, its status remained ‘sold’ on the web app. With this bug-fix, the status of trade-in item refunded from an iPad will change to “In Stock” on the web app as well.
- A lot of customers were having trouble in setting up their PayPal account while processing payments via PayPal. The bug no longer exists and PayPal payments will now run smoothly.
Enjoy using the world’s 1st iPad POS solution for cell phone repair business.
RepairDesk makes your life easier by helping you manage your work effortlessly and with just a few clicks. We have everything – from creating repair tickets to inventory management and more. Get a FREE trial of our all-in-one POS software for your cellphone repair store and see it for yourself!