The holiday season is on its way, and here at RepairDesk, we’re hard at work to make sure your systems are firing on all cylinders during your time off. Keeping in line with that spirit, here’s a list of the most recent improvements we’ve made to the platform and the bugs we’ve taken care of in the latest release of our web app:
Print Labels/Barcodes for GRN Items
In our newest release, you’ll be able to find a button in the GRN Listing page and the GRN View page that lets you manually print labels and barcodes.
Inventory Count Improvements
The Inventory Count has been updated to reflect some new changes. These new improvements are as follows:
- Changing the search criteria in the Inventory Count screen will no longer remove the results of the previous search; instead, the new values will be added to the old ones in the results.
- Updating a value in the “Counted” field will no longer show a ‘Success’ dialog box, and will not refresh the entire page; the changes will be saved automatically.
- When dropping an item from the Inventory Count, the system would show a ‘Success’ dialog box. The dialog box will not be shown anymore.
- We have added “SKU” and “Category” as fields in the Inventory Count screen, and the sorting of items will now be done first based on “Category”, and then on “Items”.
- On the “Review Inventory Count” screen, you can now add notes which will be displayed on the Reconciliation Report page.
- Previously, clicking on an Inventory Count that was marked as “Done” would open it in Edit mode. We have now changed it to open in View mode by default.
- Opening an Inventory Count used to show the “Expected” and “Counted” values as one and the same. We have now changed it to show the “Counted” value as “0” (zero) by default.
Design Improvements to the “Manage Invoice” Screen
On the “Manage Invoice” screen, you’ll now be able to see the following design improvements:
- We’ve redesigned the section on top to now show “Total Sales”, “Total Tax”, “Total Refunds”, “Payments Received”, “Account Receivable”, and “Total Account Receivables (as of today)”. Tooltips have also been added to show how the calculations are made for each.
- The “Payments” section has now been renamed to “Sales and Payments”.
- The “Status” section has been renamed to “Invoice Status”.
- In the “Sales and Payments” section;
- “Total” has now been renamed “Total Sales”.
- “Paid” has now been renamed “Payments Received”.
- “Total Refunds” has been added.
- In the “Invoice Status” section, “Total” has been renamed to “Total Invoices”.
- The calculation for “Total Sales” will now exclude tax by default.
Total Revenue by Sales Report
We’ve removed all fields related to “Gross Profit” and have updated the values to match across all reports by default, along with applying our new filter layout to the report.
Total Amount by Payment Type Report
This report has been updated with our new filter layout, and the values now match across all reports by default.
Total Revenue by Customer Report
As with our other reports, we’ve removed the “Gross Profit” and its associated fields, and the values displayed will now match other reports across the board.
Register Sales Report
We’ve updated the design of the Register Sales Report to reflect our new filter layout, similar to our other reports. Additionally, the report has been retooled from showing Tax-Based calculations to Cash-Based calculations, with the values being the same across all others within your database.
Sales Tax Report
The Sales Tax Report now has our new filter layout implemented to it, similar to all other reports. We’ve also added Store Name to the report, which will now be the first field displayed in the table. Additionally, the “Transaction Type” column will now be broken down to display either “Taxable” or “Non-Taxable” sales, the “Amount Excluding Tax” field has now been renamed to “Invoice Amount”, and the “Total Sales” field has been renamed to “Net Sales” for your convenience. All values shown in this report will now reflect correctly across all other reports.
We’ve had a round of new bugs that popped up & have been taken care of by our development team. Here’s a list of all the issues we’ve resolved:
- An issue with our serialized inventory was causing certain products to show the wrong prices. This issue has been fixed and you will now see the correct price for parts & accessories.
- In certain situations, when attempting to edit a customer’s phone number by adding the “+1” international code prefix, the system would give an error saying that the customer already exists. We have resolved the issue, and you should now be able to update the phone number without any trouble.
- When printing a label of the serialized inventory from within the GRN screen, an error would be encountered. This error will no longer be visible, and you should now be able to print your label.
- Employees were facing an issue where they were unable to receive emails and SMS alerts of the Reconciliation Report once the shift had ended for a store. This issue has now been resolved.
- We encountered a bug where machines with IP addresses that are not whitelisted could access features of the software through the “Switch User” option. This has now been fixed to block access to all users if the IP address is not whitelisted.
- In the Sales Summary Report, if a store name was too long, it would not appear correctly in the “Select Store” drop-down menu. The store name will now be displayed in full regardless of how long it is.
- Users would randomly receive an error message saying “Something Went Wrong” in the Inventory Count module after clicking “Proceed to Review”. This issue has now been fixed.
- In the Serialized Inventory, when printing the barcode of an item, the Sale Price would be printed instead of the Retail Price. This bug has now been fixed.
- We came across a bug in the Transaction Log where selecting stores other than the main store would not display all payment methods for it. You should now be able to see the proper values for all stores now.
- Some errors involving our translation engine were ironed out.
- When using our Leads module, in case of entries with dual taxes, when a second line item was added, the second tax of the line item would not be calculated properly. We have now resolved this issue and the calculations should appear correctly.
The RepairDesk team is extremely passionate about making this a great holiday season for everyone, and we really appreciate all the love and support you’ve given us all throughout 2018. We thank you all for your continued faith in us, and look forward to building a stronger relationship together for the future!
If you’d like to come onboard and give RepairDesk a try for your business, sign up for a free trial with us and see how RepairDesk can take your repair shop business to new heights.