Some Significant New Features with Minor Bug Fixes
Release Date: 10/14/2016
The following new features have been added to RepairDesk, in order to improve the smart experience of our cellphone repair POS software.
- PrintNode for Inventory & Trade-in
- Export Tickets to CSV
- Dashboard Graph Improvements
- Google Calendar Integration
- Employee Roles & Improved Privacy
- Multilingual Customer Section
- Pagination in Repair, Accessories & Trade-in
The repair techs can now use PrintNode to print invoices, receipts, tickets along with trade-ins and inventory labels. The task can be completed in less than 5 seconds and everything is SSL/ TSL encrypted. Click here to know how you can integrate PrintNode with RepairDesk.
Export Tickets to CSV
Repair shop owners can now export tickets to CSV file from RepairDesk. It will help them in maintaining the backup log of tickets. Here is a quick guide on how you can export data.
Google Calendar Integration
We have made scheduling your daily tasks easier than before. Many technicians prefer Google Calendar to schedule their tasks. That is why one of the major features of this release is integration of Google Calendar with RepairDesk. With this feature, you can now view tickets created in RepairDesk directly in Google Calendar.
Dashboard Graph Improvements
Some improvements have been made on the dashboard graph and now you can view sales and cost side by side. It will help you in determining the profit margin of your repair shop.
Employee Roles & Improved Privacy
With this release, you can now define and set employee roles on RepairDesk. Other than ‘default’ and ‘owner’, you can add roles like ‘Manager’, ‘Technician’ etc. You can also add or remove permissions in the existing roles. Set one or multiple IP addresses for a particular employee and he will be able to access RepairDesk only through those IP addresses. Click here to know how you can set employee roles.
Multilingual Customer Section
The multilingual functionality has been added in the ‘Customers’ section. You can now translate multiple sections including customers, POS, dashboard and other widgets in your desired language. Here is the list of languages which RepairDesk currently supports.
Pagination in Repairs, Accessories & Trade-ins
Pagination has been applied on repairs, accessories and trade-ins. A particular number of items will be displayed on one page and remaining on next pages. Some improvements have also been made on the store setup page.
Following are the bugs which are fixed with this release:
- Some users encountered a problem where register was not opening at the end of shift. It has been resolved now.
- Some of them couldn’t view few invoices in the transaction log. It is fixed.
- For a few users, supplier name was missing in serialized inventory. We have fixed this bug.
- Some users couldn’t search customer name in Arabic. Now they can!
- After an invoice refund, the stock was not updated. It has been fixed.
- Some users encountered an issue where the tax class couldn’t be applied on different items in POS. Now you can easily apply different tax classes.
- The ‘type’ section was missing after importing an inventory file. This issue has been resolved.
- The stripe issue for UK payments has been resolved in this release.
- Searching for accessories in the POS was taking a lot of time. The loading time has been decreased for better experience.
- Some users reported an issue where, even if there is no item in the inventory, the category was still displayed. We have fixed this bug.
- After adding a serial from invoice page, it wasn’t showing color and size. You can view these options now.
- Another bug was that if a device had multiple problems, the system was categorizing it as different items. This bug has been resolved.
All these bugs along with minor ones have been fixed in this release.
RepairDesk team is working hard to offer user-friendly environment with remarkable features. Keep yourself updated about all the releases!